This incredibly simple fruity dessert is a winner throughout the year. It’s the perfect way to end a BBQ or any meal and can be made in 1 dish so transport is really easy ! Mix up the recipe and add in apples, or swap the berries and try with peaches and nectarines for a different flavour. The subtle hint of Real Good Ketchup is warming and compliments the fruit…shh…keep it a secret from your friends and let them discover it themselves !
Dessert Serves: 6 fruity friends
Time to Make (including oven time): 30 minutes
Storage instructions: Eat immediately hot or cold. Keep in the fridge and eat within 4 days.
Gluten-free Dairy-free Vegan
- 300g frozen berries or fresh berries in season
- 20g Real Good Tomato Ketchup
- 60g coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 125g brown rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Place the frozen or fresh berries into a glass oven-proof bowl and mix in with the ketchup. Place in the oven whilst it heats up.
- Bring the flour and coconut oil together with your hands until you form breadcrumbs. Drizzle in the maple syrup and stir.
- Remove the berries from the oven and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top evenly. Place back in oven for 20-25 minutes until the topping has just started to go golden brown.
- Serve with dairy free ice cream or yoghurt !
This delicious recipe is the perfect end to a Summer BBQ. It’s refreshing served with dairy free ice cream, yoghurt and even eaten cold!
For those that love a bit of chocolate try drizzling a little dark chocolate over the top for an extra little kick. Enjoy !
Created by Beth Heddle with Real Good Ketchup