This recipe is THE simplest, yummiest, easiest bean hot pot recipe you’ll have to date. Using the in-season squash, pumpkin, you’ll be able to taste autumn. The flavour of the coriander and chilli flakes alongside the mild pumpkin-tomato sauce will leave you wishing you’d made double the batch.
Serves: 4 servings
Time to Make (including oven time): 20 minutes preparation and 40 minutes in the oven.
Storage instructions: Eat immediately or store in fridge for up to 48 hours
Gluten-free Dairy-free Vegan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small pumpkin, roughly 600g
- 1 large carrot, chopped into cubes
- 2 cans of tomatoes (combined weight 800g)
- 1 can of black beans (weight 400g)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander
- Pinch of pepper
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp Real Good Ketchup
- Start by dicing the pumpkin. Then lightly fry the garlic and pepper in the olive oil in a frying pan, before adding in the diced pumpkin. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Add into the pan the tinned tomatoes, black beans and chopped carrot. Add in the remaining ingredients into the pan and boil on a low heat for about 30 minutes, until the pumpkin is cooked and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Top with black pepper and serve with rice, quinoa or baked sweet potatoes to really impress your guests.
Created by Beth Heddle and Real Good Ketchup