What sustainable steps are we taking ?
- Our business and food production site are powered by renewable energy, based here in the UK
- All Real Good products are Packed for the Planet in recyclable squeezies made with 40% recycled material
- Recyclable caps (without silicone) are coming for January 2022
- Our clever squeezies find their 2nd recycled life in building materials, drain pipes and pot holes
- All outer packaging is also recyclable from our FSC certified board trays to pallet wrap
- We our sourcing ingredients closer to home to reduce travel miles in our supply chain
To offset our carbon footprint further we have joined the Ecologi platform to plant more trees and restore natural habitats here and around the globe.
Important to do – please wash out both bottle and cap (and put back on the squeezy) after use before putting into your local recycling. No need to remove the labels, they too are recyclable.
As Winner of the Clean Eating Award, our ingredients are always free from the 14 listed food allergens, free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives and always plant-based. We have no animal ingredients in our supply chain.
Do you have a refillable option?
We do for catering but not in retail stores for health and safety reasons. A refillable pump must be stored in a fridge overnight, washed thoroughly and cleaned on a regular basis. Otherwise mould can develop, unfriendly bacteria grows and the ketchup or sauce becomes toxic. There can be small wriggly things too in unwashed dispensers. We’d rather not go there and don’t think it safe in busy retail shops. If this changes, we will let you know!
What else is sustainable about Real Good?
Well we see sustainability is both for the planet and people. Sustainable health is very important to us, which is why we only use ‘clean’ allergen free ingredients (no hidden preservatives), remove added sugar, reduce salt and deliver on TASTE. Your health matters!
We are zero waste in production. When we have a surplus or stock to share, we give to The Trussell Trust , who do a fantastic job providing food and support for those in need.
Our delivery service with DPD is carbon neutral ! Please share this good news and encourage others to switch to 100% carbon neutral deliveries.
What about glass?
We have glass in our business too. In the UK currently about 60% of glass is recycled, the rest goes into landfill. We can all increase this by washing out used glass bottles and containers, put the caps back on and put into your local glass recycling. Unwashed bottles are picked out as contaminated and may not be recycled. For more on recycling glass in the UK visit Recycle Now .